Tuesday, August 4, 2009

9. thoughts stemming from a former flame. . .

FOREWARNING : anything & i mean anything discussed with me from this point is fair grounds for an entry...nothing *PERSONAL* . . .but general topics will be discussed...

Anywho, speaking to a long- lost ex earlier today & we briefly discussed the reason why we split. Since I was 17 at the time, everything was life or death & I never truly understanded his actions until now. . . He left me for someone he thought he might have a true future with ; completely understandable. Being almost 3 years older then when we first met.. My outlook has changed. I now understand the concept of following your heart. But my true question is. . .is it okay to leave someone youre committed to just because you met someone else? Thinking beyond youre own selfish needs. . .how would the other person feel? My theory on this is simple. . . The society we live in today promotes the pursuit of our own seflish needs & wants. Whether it is a new pair of shoes or butt implants...WE do it for the greater good of OURSELVES, not others. Whats to seperate materialistic wants & needs to the wants & needs of our heart ? The fact of the matter is. . . Its a tough world out there & we must think for ourselves. . .So to my *special friend* out there.. I understand. . .PEACE & LOVE :)

-- Pink for the Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment